Pop culture patterns and more

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Obligatory Introduction

Hello! I am CJ, stay at home mother of 2, and budding entrepreneur/creator of Creekside Crochet.

Believe it or not, I just retaught myself how to crochet during the fall of 2011. I had known the basics, though DCs seemed advanced at the time, since I was a teenager. Both of my grandmothers liked to crochet and tried many times to capture my interest. For some reason, it never clicked. But at one point I was inspired to give it a try, so I picked up my long forgotten hook and gave it a shot. To my great surprise, I was able to read a book on crochet and make a pattern from the back. And off I went, progressing from hats and dishcloths to lapghans and amigurumi in a matter of weeks.

So I now classify myself as an intermediate crocheter. My interest lies in designing patterns, and I hope one day to be able to sell them online to add a small amount of discretionary income to our household. I've created this blog as a testing board, or whatever it turns out to be ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts. You have some amazing pieces and ease to follow instructions. :-)

    ReplyDelete